This image of The Virgin and Child appeared in the Rudnye Monastery in 1687. It differs from the better known “Virgin of Chernigov” in that Christ holds a book rather than a scroll. This 19th cent. example has the added decoration of leaves chased into the brass border. The border is further enhances by raised brass platforms in each corner. The figures have raised brass crowns.